The BIM Dictionary (hhtp://BIMdictionary.com/) is a resource for all to freely use. It includes hundreds of Dictionary Items: terms with their descriptions, abbreviations and synonyms. Each Dictionary Item has its own page so it can be easily referenced in documents and website
The BIM Dictionary provides a reliable resource for establishing a common understanding of frequently used terms across the Construction Industry. The BIM Dictionary connects hundreds of terms to their vetted descriptions and translations, and act as a peer-reviewed reference to online guides and tools.
As an ongoing project with more than 70 worldwide volunteers, the BIM Dictionary has the following objectives:
- Provide an accessible, easy-to-use glossary of terms needed to discuss and promote digital innovation;
- Provide a research-driven description of these terms according to clear selection, inclusion, and rejection rules;
- Provide translations into many world languages to encourage – using common terms and descriptions - collaboration across markets;
- Provide reliable reference material through peer-sourcing (as opposed to crowd-sourcing adopted by Wikipedia or similar) and peer-review;
- Provide a resource for developing higher-level Knowledge Blocks (e.g. Competency Items) that require an interconnected set of Dictionary Items;
- Provide an online resource for websites, blogs, digital tools and documents.
The BIM Dictionary project is part of the not-for-profit BIMe Initiative. For more information, please visit: http://BIMexcellence.org/.