Bitcorn Node Masternode Setup Guide (Ubuntu 16.04)
This guide will assist you in setting up a Bitcorn Masternode on a Linux Server running Ubuntu 16.04.
If you are setting up multiple masternodes, be sure to utilize our Multinode tool
If you require further assistance contact the support team @ Discord
- 10,000,000 Bitcorn coins.
- A Vultr VPS running Linux Ubuntu 16.04.
- A Windows local wallet.
- An SSH client such as Bitvise
- Section A: Creating the VPS within Vultr.
- Section B: Downloading and installing Bitvise.
- Section C: Connecting to the VPS and installing the MN script via Bitvise.
- Section D: Preparing the local wallet.
- Section E: Connecting & Starting the masternode.
- Register at Vultr
- After you have added funds to your account go here to create your Server
- Click "Deploy now"
Section B: Downloading and installing BitVise.
- Download Bitvise here
- Select the correct installer depending upon your operating system. Then follow the install instructions.
Section C: Connecting to the VPS & Installing the MN script via Bitvise.
- Open the bitvise application, Click New Profile and fill in the "Hostname" box with the IP of your VPS then Port number "22".
- Input the username "root" and copy your password from the VULTR Server Page.
- If you want you can save your password to your Bitvise profile just tick the Store Encrypted password in profile.
- Save your profile and click "Log in" at the bottom of Bitvise
- Paste the code below into the Bitvise terminal then press enter (it will just go to a new line)
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BITCORNProject/BITCORN-Masternode-script/master/bitcorn_install.sh
- Paste the code below into the Bitvise terminal then press enter
- Sit back and wait for the install (this will take a couple of minutes)
- When prompted to enter your Gen key - press enter (dont type anything just hit Enter)
- You will now see all of the relevant information for your server.
- Keep this terminal open as we will need the info for the wallet setup.
Section D: Preparing the Local wallet
- Download and install on the local PC / mac the Bitcorn wallet from here
- Send EXACTLY 10,000,000 Bitcorn to a receive address within your wallet.
- If you want to make a secondary address from inside the wallet, File > Reciveving Addresses > New.
- Create a text document to temporarily store information that you will need.
- Go to the console within the wallet, Tools > Debug Console
- Type the command below and press enter
- Copy the long key (this is your transaction ID) and the 0 or 1 at the end (this is your output index)
- Paste these into the text document you created earlier as you will need them in the next step.
Section E: Connecting & Starting the masternode
- Fill in the form.
Aliastype something like "MN01" don't use spaces
Addressis the IP and port of your server (this will be in the Bitvise terminal that you still have open); make sure the port is set to 12211.
Genkeyis your masternode Gen key output (this is also in the Bitvise terminal that you have open).
TxHashis the transaction ID/long key that you copied to the text file.
Output Indexis the 0 or 1 that you copied to your text file.
Click "File Save"
- Close out of the Config file and back in the Wallet
- Click on Tools > Debug Console
- Type > startmasternode alias 0 'wallet alias' and press ENTER (without the commas)
- eg: startmasternode alias 0 cornmn1
- Check the status of your masternode within the VPS by using the command below:
bitcorn-cli masternode status
*You should see status 4
If you do, congratulations! You have now setup a masternode. If you do not, please lodge a support ticket or ask for help in the Discord bitcorn support channel
HAPPY REWARDS !!!