Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
The official installation instructions explain the recommended steps for installing on the official platforms of Ubuntu 14.04 and 12.04 and OS X 10.10, 10.9, and 10.8.
These unofficial instructions collect tips and guides but without any guarantees. Please add any missing details and correct any mistakes.
- Ubuntu 14.04/Cuda 7 for EC2: AMI and installation script that works on EC2 g2.2xlarge and g2.8xlarge instances.
- Ubuntu 14.04 VirtualBox VM: virtual machine installation with CUDA 6.5 and system Python.
- Ubuntu 14.04 ec2 instance: ec2 installation with CUDA 6.5 and video walkthrough plus a vagrant VM. (Needs update for latest Caffe).
- Docker image (GPU only): a Docker image for GPU mode, including Python dependencies. For detailed instructions, see Running Caffe on AWS GPU Instance via Docker
- Docker image (CPU only): Same as above, but CPU only.
- Alt. CPU Docker image: Weekly builds of Caffe (CPU-only).
- Alt. GPU Docker image: Weekly builds of Caffe (CUDA 6.5, 7.0 and 7.5 versions available). See source project for details.
- Super computing cluster without root access (GPU+CPU): Cuda 6.5, cuDNN V1, Python 2.7.x
See the official instructions.
The official windows port can be accessed from Microsoft/caffe, which is supported by Microsoft.
There is an unofficial Windows port of Caffe at niuzhiheng/caffe:windows. Thanks @niuzhiheng!
Another unofficial Windows port of Caffe at [redknightlois/caffe] (https://github.com/redknightlois/caffe). This port is based on work done by @initialneal. Binary packages to compile available at: https://initialneil.wordpress.com/2015/01/11/build-caffe-in-windows-with-visual-studio-2013-cuda-6-5-opencv-2-4-9/
Yet another unofficial Windows port can be found at willyd/caffe. Unlike the previous ports this one builds on top of the CMake build. A super-build project that downloads and builds all Caffe dependencies is also available at willyd/caffe-builder.