An editor for Westwood Studios’ MIX files, the data containers used in their classic Command & Conquer games from “Tiberian Dawn” to “Renegade”.
Many thanks to Olaf van der Spek for his documentation of the MIX file format and the XCC Utilities.
WARNING: This is alpha software. Most functions won’t work as expected and it may destroy the files you open with it! Use at your own risk and always have a backup at hand.
Features planned for the final version:
- Reading from and writing to all MIX files compatible with TD, RA, TS, RA2 and RG
- Creation of new files in all of these formats
- In-place editing of all files contained in a MIX file
- Live conversion between all supported formats
- Recursive editing of MIX files contained in other ones
- Integrated online names database to avoid stumbling upon unknown filenames ever again
- Re-usable abstraction module to work with MIX files from any Python 3
(Will be distributed under the MIT license)
- Optimized, fast and beautiful code
- Binary packages for Windows, Linux and macOS
- Integrated text editor
Features NOT to expect:
- Integrated viewers for Westwood file formats often found inside MIX files
- BIG file support