BYB Spike Recorder
A neural recording app for the PC and Macs. Runs on Windows, Linux and OSX
To build BYB Spike Recorder follow these steps.
- Install Visual Studio Code.
- Install the C/C++ extension for VS Code. You can install the C/C++ extension by searching for 'c++' in the Extensions view (Ctrl+Shift+X).
- Get the latest version of Mingw32 via MSYS2:
- Install MSYS2: https://github.com/msys2/msys2-installer/releases/download/2022-01-28/msys2-x86_64-20220128.exe
- Open MSYS2 terminal (Run "MSYS2 MSYS" from Start menu)
- Update the package database and base packages:
- Update the rest of the base packages with:
- Install Ming32 with:
pacman -S mingw-w64-i686-toolchain
- Clone this repository.
- Open Visual Studio Code in root folder of this repository.
- Check in .vscode/task.json if absolute paths are OK.
- Ctrl-Shift-B to build. The SpikeRecorder.exe should be built in win/build/ folder.
Open Terminal and install git by typing:
$ sudo apt-get install git-core git-gui git-doc $ git config –global user.name “your-username” $ git config –global user.email “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Make a directory where you will keep git repositories Go to directory that you made and type:
$ git init
after that clone repository:
$ git clone https://github.com/BackyardBrains/Spike-Recorder.git
When we cloned repository we have to install tools that will enable us to compile the code:
$ sudo apt install make $ sudo apt-get install build-essential g++
After that we have to install libraries:
$ sudo apt-get install -y libhidapi-dev $ sudo apt-get install libsdl2-dev
(this works for Ubuntu for different systems it might differ: https://wiki.libsdl.org/Installation)
$ sudo apt-get install libsdl2-image-dev
The last dependency is libbass which isn’t available as a package in most distributions. Therefore you have to install it manually. To do that, download it from http://www.un4seen.com/download.php?bass24-linux and unpack it into a temporary directory.
$ mkdir /tmp/bass $ cd /tmp/bass $ unzip ~/path/to/bass24-linux.zip
and copy the library to the system library directory
$ sudo cp x64/libbass.so /usr/lib/
(or on a 32-bit system 'cp libbass.so /usr/lib')
go to directory Spike-Recorder and type:
on OS X
Open SpikeRecorder.xcodeproj in Xcode application.
If everything worked, you can run it by