The Badhouse Ventures Manifesto
The incubator-studio will have two main "customers": Startup founders and next-round investors. This manifesto outlines our intentions to provide value to both of these groups.
1. For startup founders
- We will be getting our hands dirty alongside the startup founders. This may include:
- technical work, such as technical architecture, sourcing compute power, doing website development, acting as alpha testers, etc.
- client-facing work, such as assisting with technical support, making connections to get first clients, etc.
- being a recruiter
- contributing to administrative tasks
- providing or sourcing legal support (including incorporation, if necessary)
- making introductions and pitching to investors together with the founders
- Typical accelerators and incubators keep founders busy all the time, but the wrong kind of busy. We will endeavour to make it so that startup founders can focus on building; technical building, but also building a user base and business development.
- Progress will be measured by:
- cycling through build-test-learn cycles
- refining what product-market fit looks like and working towards it
- getting more active users and getting paying customers
- building relationships with potential next-round investors
- We will be investing funds into the business in return for a fair amount of equity.
2. For next-round investors
- We will facilitate your deal flow by introducing you to vetted, higher-quality startups that are ready for seed(+) investment because they will have:
- a more mature product
- a team with more experience under their belt
- a lower risk profile (past an inflection point in profitability, more users, a first B2B or enterprise client, etc.)