Hemingway Mode Karabiner Config
This small Karabiner config helps writers to put asleep their internal editor. So you just can get drunk and write. Edit later.
Write drunk, edit sober.
-- Ernest Hemingway
Technically it just disables any backspace handling, allowing only alt+backspace to backward delete whole words.
- Install Karabiner
- Set it up
- Tune up MacOS Security settings to allow Karabiner handle system level events
- Clone this repo, unzip it and run Terminal app
$ cd hemingway_mode_karabiner
- Copy config to Karabiner complex modifications folder:
$ cp ./hemingway_mode.json ~/.config/karabiner/assets/complex_modifications/
- Edit Karabiner preferences → Profiles to create new Profile. Name it "Hemingway mode".
- Activate it when you need "get drunk". Disable when need to "get sober".