This release focuses on usability and aesthetics. We've implemented many of the features, justifiably requested by our customers in the April 2019 community survey. Just look through the features and improvements list and tell us what else do you need to transform our wallets into a full-fledged financial workstation :)
All devices running iOS 11.0 and higher
- Send/Receive screens were redesigned, so that simple actions will require even less clicks yet to allow advanced settings for a greater flexibility
- When sending Beam, allow to search for address to send from (or create a new one)
- When receiving Beam, allow to search for the address to receive to (or create a new one)
- A category can be assigned to any address for better readability and bookkeeping.
- 3D touch and swipe for quick access to various functions from within the app and as well from the launcher
- Repeated transactions will save your time when sending Beam: choose it, re-edit amount and comment and send!
- Securely Show Owner key: when connecting to your own node (and your own node only), deploying the wallet owner key will allow the node to monitor all UTXO sent to any wallet generated from the same seed phrase. Don't share your owner key with others as it allows to see all your funds!
- Graceful undo of transaction and addresses: when unintentionally deleting an address or sending funds you'll have a chance to undo it from a snack bar with a nice countdown
- "Where to buy BEAM?" button is introduced (this handy feature should be used with awareness as switching out from the wallet to the web server is a privacy risk, therefore, every customer will need to explicitly approve the feature before actual use)
- Laid out a necessary infrastructure groundwork; in the next release the wallet will "speak" other languages than English (contact us if you'd like to help with translation to every language)
- "Send all" is supported when sending Beam to avoid coindust
- When deleting an address all the related transactions can be optionally deleted
- Seed phrase words will be autocompleted at most after 4 characters
- Addresses can be shared using the system dialog
- Link to Kernel ID of every transaction in blockchain explorer (this feature also should be used with awareness as switching out from the wallet to the web server is a privacy risk, therefore, every customer will need to explicitly approve the feature before actual use)
- Long amounts are displayed correctly
- Restore flow (which requires integrated or dedicated node) is currently implemented on desktop only, hence to restore mobile funds use desktop wallet with the same seed the mobile wallet was created with
- When sending beams from mobile to desktop wallet, the QR code scanning works from desktop wallet version 2.0
- If multiple wallets are restored from the same seed phrase, transaction history and addresses will not be shared among the wallets
Points to mention:
- In case a mobile wallet is connected to a random node and the user has both mobile and a desktop wallets which are using the same seed phrase, the funds sent to the desktop wallet won’t appear on the mobile wallet. If the desktop wallet is running a local node, it will see funds sent to both wallets. The reason is that the local node (integrated into desktop wallet) always monitors the blockchain for UTXOs related to the seed of the wallet. The mobile wallet does not run a local node and thus can only monitor transactions sent to its specific SBBS addresses. Of course, no funds will be lost in any event.
Join Beam Privacy Wallet