BeeLiked DB-IP Matomo (Piwik)
This non-official DB-IP plugin adds an extra Location Provider to Geolocation, providing better accuracy for user location lookup in your Matomo (Piwik) visitor log.
It uses the free API by default which allows a quota of up to 1000 requests per day. For more requests, a commercial DB-IP API Key must be purchased. More details at: https://db-ip.com
Installation / Update
How to I configure the plugin?
After installed, login as administrator.
- Go to System > DB-IP to configure your API Key.
- Go to Geolocation to enable BeeLikedDBIP as a Location Provider.
How can I increase the limit of queries per day?
Purchase a commercial API Key on https://db-ip.com and insert it in the DB-IP settings page.
What location data can this plugin retrieve?
This plugin currently supports the following properties: Continent, Country, Region, City, ISP, Organization, ZipCode, Latitude, Longitude and Area Code.
- Add support to Core API by adding ISP, Organization, ZipCode, Latitude, Longitude and Area Code fields
- Improves documentation
- Improves translations
- Fixes bug when leaving the API Key empty
- First release for Piwik 2.0
- Retrieve basic DB-IP API fields: Continent, Country, Region and City
GPL v3 / fair use