YT Tutorial Dashboard - API App
This app was created as a project for the Flatiron School's Fullstack Web Development Program.
In order to use this application, you will need a YouTube API key.
To see the app in action, check out my blog post
This project uses the Yarn package manager. You can also use npm.
- Fork and clone this repository
- Fork and clone the React YT Tutorial Dashboard Client repository.
- Rename the client repository's root directory to "client"
- Replace the "client/" directory in this project with this your new 'client'.
- cd into
Setup and running the App
This project uses PostgreSQL for a database. If you prefer sqlite, remove
pg from the Gemfile and replace it with
sqlite3, then run
This project uses the JWT gem for user authentication. Use the docs to choose your JWT secret and algorithm.
- A .env.sample file is provided. Put your JWT secret and algorithm into this file and rename it to '.env'
- To enable the database, cd into the root directory and run
rake db:create && rake db:migrate.
- To start the servers, run