Behat is a BDD framework for PHP to help you test business expectations.
The easiest way to install Behat is by using Composer:
$> composer require --dev behat/behat
After that you'll be able to run Behat via:
Installing Development Version
Clone the repository and install dependencies via Composer:
$> composer install
After that you will be able to run development version of Behat via:
Before contributing to Behat, please take a look at the CONTRIBUTING.md document.
v3.0.0, Behat is following Semantic Versioning v2.0.0.
This basically means that if all you do is implement interfaces (like this one)
and use service constants (like this one),
you would not have any backwards compatibility issues with Behat up until
v4.0.0 (or later major)
is released. Exception could be an extremely rare case where BC break is introduced as a measure
to fix a serious issue.
You can read detailed guidance on what BC means in Symfony BC guide.
- The main website is at http://behat.org
- The documentation is at http://docs.behat.org/en/latest/
- Official Google Group is at http://groups.google.com/group/behat
- IRC channel on #freenode is
- Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Konstantin Kudryashov everzet [lead developer]
- Other awesome developers