Application written by: Benjamin Wolf Assembly and memory assistance: Papaya (Initials: A.M.W.) 8/19/2019
This program takes a Lost Kingdoms (USA) .iso file and produces a new .iso with the card pickups randomized.
How to Use This Program
- Download and extract LKrandomizer_v0.5DOWNLOAD.rar
- Keep LKrandomizer.exe and data folder in same directory
- Run LKrandomizer.exe
- Press 'Select .iso' button and choose a clean Lost Kingdoms disc image
- Choose the options you want to include
- Input a custom seed or leave it random
- Seeds must be between one to eight alphanumeric characters
- Press 'Start Randomization' button
- The button will turn to yellow, indicating your .iso is being copied and patched
- A message box will pop up once complete
- A new .iso and/or log.txt will show up in this directory
- Mix and match randomization options: starting deck, chest cards, shop cards, key items, etc.
- Main levels and side missions included in randomization.
- Difficulty options: deactivated deck points, no escaping battles
- Seed displayed in-game as default player name
- Output log with descriptions of starting deck, chest contents, etc.
- Starting deck: Keeps original card distribution pattern (3x 3x 1x 1x 2x 1x 1x) but randomizes cards
- Chest cards: Card received from opening chest is randomized (includes coffin and sarcophagus)
- Hidden cards: Card hidden on the ground/under obstacles is randomized
- 'Level Bonus' cards: The face down cards you select when completing a level are randomized
- Shop cards: The cards that are purchasable in the Apothecary are randomized
- Red fairy rewards: The cards rewarded to you for trading in fairies is randomized
- Enemy attributes: The elemental type (fire, water, earth, wood, neutral) of enemies is randomized. This affects bosses and card users, as well. Neutral attribute is less likely to be selected.
- Must have randomized chests active to randomize key items
- All 15 items in the game are randomly placed in an accessible location (every seed is beatable)
Shayel Key, Fruit of Mandragora, Bark of Treant, Man Trap Leaf, Key of Castle Wyht, Red Candle, Blue Candle, Green Candle, Yellow Candle, Old Sheet Music, Stone of Cleansing, White Gem, Black Gem, Stone of Darkness, Necklace of the Pharaoh
- The original item location (including chests, reward for beating Mind Flayer, and Warrior of Wyht key giver) will have randomized contents
- The side levels and elemental temples may contain items
- The herb trees in Rohbach are deactivated, to complete the level you must have the 3 herbs in your inventory and reach the last herb tree
- After using an item, or leaving a level, all items stay in your inventory
- After completing a level, you can reenter it anytime so that you can't miss items
- Key items are not saved to memory card, so use save states if you want to save your game
- The pause menu will only show 5 of your items, so take notes
- Can't escape battles: Disables walking to edge of arena to leave battle
- Deactivate deck points: Deck points are no longer interactable, making it impossible to heal or edit deck within the level
- Remove summon animations: Only select this option if you are OK with minor gameplay changes. Changes damage dealing summon cards into weapon cards. The affect of the attack is the same, but the summon cutscene does not play and Katia does not transform into the creature. This option also affects the cards used by Helena and Thalnos.
Red Dragon, Sand Worm, Sasquatch, Wraith, Flayer Spawn, Elephant King, Zombie Dragon, Giant Crab, Lycanthrope, Necromancer, Birdman, Archer Tree, Blood Bush, Fire Gargoyle, Chimera, Venus Spider, Elephant
Will the same seed but different options have the same cards?
All random options must be the same for the same result, but the difficulty options will not impact randomization.
Are the fairy chests randomized?
Is it possible to start with an unviable deck?
Yes, but rare.
Why are some enemy attributes not randomized?
There's a chance of the enemy keeping it's original attribute.
- The text when talking to a Warrior of Wyht has original card message
- Key items placed in card chests/hidden cards still show a card model and have incorrect animation
- Key items placed in non-vanilla key item chests show wrong model
- Cards placed in key item chests will not have a model
- Flayer Spawn item always shows shayel key model
- Warrior of Wyht item always shows wyht key model
- Key item inventory will carry between save games/new games, need to reset to empty inventory
- Pause menu only shows first 5 key items
- Lost Kingdoms Fastwalking: Discord channel - for being a repository of game knowledge and nice people
- Papaya - for his memory address knowledge, AR codes, function map, and general game expertise
- Dan Salvato's Intro to Wii Game Modding video series
- The guide authors at GameFAQs
Contact me: email@example.com