apt-cyg - fork from official project apt-cyg
apt-cyg is a command-line installer for Cygwin which cooperates with Cygwin Setup and uses the same repository. The syntax is similar to apt-get. Usage examples:
- "apt-cyg install " to install packages
- "apt-cyg remove " to remove packages
- "apt-cyg update" to update setup.ini
- "apt-cyg show" to show installed packages
- "apt-cyg find <pattern(s)>" to find packages matching patterns
- "apt-cyg describe <pattern(s)>" to describe packages matching patterns
- "apt-cyg packageof " to locate parent packages
apt-cyg is a simple script. Once you have a copy, make it executable:
cp apt-cyg /usr/bin/apt-cyg && chmod +x /usr/bin/apt-cyg
Optionally place apt-cyg in a bin/ folder on your path.
For easy use, alias it. And then use apt-cyg, for example:
aa install nano
This project has been re-published on GitHub to make contributing easier. Feel free to fork and modify this script.
The Google Code project has a list of open issues.