BiglyBT Plugin - Migrate Torrent App
This plugin is in pre-release. It's working but not widely tested.
This BiglyBT plugin migrates uTorrent and BitTorrent client configurations and torrents to BiglyBT.
You will be able to review the changes before applying them.
uTorrent/BitTorrent Client Migration
- Partial and Full Block completion status
- File renames and relocations
- File priorities
- Skipped files sharing pieces with non-skipped (~uTorrentPartFile_
- Statistics (bytes downloaded, uploaded, etc)
- Speed Limits
- Directories (new downloads, move on complete, .torrent location, etc)
- Port settings
- Proxy settings
- Bandwidth Limits
- Protocol settings (DHT, uTP, PEX, etc)
- Queue settings
- Auto-Labels and Label-Directory Mappings
- Scan additional directories for .torrent files
- Find moved files (handy if you organized your files outside of the client)
- Remap data directories (handy if you renamed or moved your base data directory)
- Cross platform migration
Features Not Supported
- Altruistic Mode. Depending on your needs the Share Ratio Maximizer plugin might be a good replacement.
- uT's Advanced->Run Program (global and per-torrent) migration not supported. Equivilant functionality can be obtained using the Command Runner plugin.
- Automatic deleting of imported .torrent files
- uTorrent scheduler option to disable DHT when in 'Turn off' state
- "Confirm exit if critical seeder" option
The following features aren't migrated, however, there are alternative solutions:
- Adjusting or stopping torrents based on Seeding Goals. You will most likely need to rebuild your goals using First Priority Rules, Ignore Rules, Tagging logic, and/or the AutoPilot plugin.
- 'Append the torrent's label' option on 'Move completed downloads'. BiglyBT can handle this feature by setting the "Move On Complete" directory on a specific Tag.
- Transfer Cap and daily bandwidth usage stats.
To manually create Transfer Caps in BiglyBT, see Speed Limit Scheduler: Network Limits wiki page.
For example, if you want a monthly cap of 200G, in Tools->Speed Limits->Schedule and Settings, you'd need the following lines:
Make sure your stats start day is set to the right day in Tools->Options->Statistics->Long Term
net_limit monthly total=200G
- Disk Cache settings
- Column setup
- RSS Feeds
- Most uT settings listed in Preferences->Advanced are not migrated yet. The entries you changed manually will be listed during the analysis phase.
- WebUI and uT Remote settings. BiglyBT has a Transmission compatible remote rpc that can be accessed via Tools->Remote Pairing, or by installing the xmwebui plugin.
- Paired Devices
- "Enable DHT for new torrents" flag in uT will also change accepting peer sources from any plugin (including P2P)
- Moving .torrent files on completion also required moving data files on completion (Plugin limitation, not a BiglyBT one. In BiglyBT, this can be done with Tags)