Working with Jekyll Data example project
This repo is part of my Working with GitHub Pages and Jekyll video series on YouTube.
This is a vanilla Jekyll website using the default minima theme. The site is published using GitHub Pages here. Just click the two links when you visit the site.
Using built-in Jekyll data
In the root folder of this repo, locate the jekyll-data.html file. In there you will learn how to:
- Access blog posts and related metadata
- Access pages and related metadata
- Access the _config.yml file
Using custom Jekyll data
Jekyll allows you to access data from CSV, TSV, JSON, and YAML (YML) files. In the root of this folder, ocate the custom-data.html file. In there, you will learn how to:
- Access data from a CSV file
- Access data from a TSV file
- Access data from a JSON file
- Access data from a YML file
In the root folder of this repo, locate the _data folder and you will find examples of each file type that the custom-data.html reads from.