Chapter 4, Data Hashing, covers essential hashing functions such as MD5, SHA256, GeoHashing, and perceptual hashing.
This is the accompanying source code for Haskell Data Analysis Cookbook. Refer to the book for step-by-step explanations.
- Code01: Hashing a primitive data type
- Code02: Hashing a custom data type
- Code03: Running popular cryptographic hash functions
- Code04: Running a cryptographic checksum on a file
- Code05: Performing fast comparisons between data types
- Code06: Using a high-performance hash table
- Code07: Using Google's CityHash hash functions for strings
- Code08: Computing Geohash for location coordinates
- Code09: Using a bloom filter to remove unique items
- Code10: Running MurmurHash, a simple but speedy hashing algorithm
- Code11: Measuring image similarity with perceptual hashes
How to use
Setting up the environment
Install the Haskell Platform.
$ sudo apt-get install haskell-platform
Alternatively, install GHC 7.6 (or above) and Cabal.
$ sudo apt-get install ghc cabal-install
Running the code
Makefile is provided in each recipe. Compile the corresponding executable by running
Run the resulting code. For example,
To clean up the directory:
$ make clean