Chapter 5, A Dance with Trees, establishes an understanding of the tree data structure through examples including tree traversals, balancing trees, and Huffman coding.
This is the accompanying source code for Haskell Data Analysis Cookbook. Refer to the book for step-by-step explanations.
- Code01: Defining a binary tree data type
- Code02: Defining a rose tree (multiway tree) data type
- Code03: Traversing a tree depth-first
- Code04: Traversing a tree breadth-first
- Code05: Implementing a Foldable instance for a tree
- Code06: Calculating the height of a tree
- Code07: Implementing a binary search tree data structure
- Code08: Verifying the order property of a binary search tree
- Code09: Using a self-balancing tree
- Code10: Implementing a min-heap data structure
- Code11: Encoding a string using a Huffman tree
- Code12: Decoding a Huffman code
How to use
Setting up the environment
Install the Haskell Platform.
$ sudo apt-get install haskell-platform
Alternatively, install GHC 7.6 (or above) and Cabal.
$ sudo apt-get install ghc cabal-install
Running the code
Makefile is provided in each recipe. Compile the corresponding executable by running
Run the resulting code. For example,
To clean up the directory:
$ make clean