Chapter 10, Real-time Fugue, incorporates streamed data interactions from Twitter, Internet Relay Chat (IRC), and sockets.
This is the accompanying source code for Haskell Data Analysis Cookbook. Refer to the book for step-by-step explanations.
- Code01: Streaming Twitter for real-time sentiment analysis
- Code02: Reading IRC chat room messages
- Code03: Responding to IRC messages
- Code04: Polling a web server for the latest updates
- Code05: Detecting real-time file directory changes
- Code06: Communicating in real time through sockets
- Code07: Detecting faces and eyes through a camera stream
- Code08: Streaming camera frames for template matching
How to use
Setting up the environment
Install the Haskell Platform.
$ sudo apt-get install haskell-platform
Alternatively, install GHC 7.6 (or above) and Cabal.
$ sudo apt-get install ghc cabal-install
Running the code
Makefile is provided in each recipe. Compile the corresponding executable by running
Run the resulting code. For example,
To clean up the directory:
$ make clean