Monitoring system for crypto currency seed nodes
##Installation of data collecting software
- Python 3, including requests module
- python-bitcoinrpc: Supplied with source in case not available system wide
###Ubuntu notes The requests module is not installed by default on Ubuntu. Use "apt-get install python-pip && pip install requests" to install it. Ubuntu users should also install the python3-crypto package for pycrypto.
- Change the settings in node-request.py to reflect the coin daemon settings (var: rpc_*).
- Change the settings in node-request.py to contain the API password (var: secret).
- As a test, run node-request.py (If everything is correct the data should be updated on the seed monitor webpage).
- Install a crontab to execute it node-request.py script every x minutes.
###Crontab The following crontab setting executes node-request.py every minute:
*/1 * * * * /location/to/node-request.py
##Installation of the web and API software
- A webserver supporting PHP
- PHP version 5.3 or higher, with support of Sqlite 3
- Make a folder outside the webserver document root tree, but writable by the webserver.
- Copy the contents of the www folder into the document root tree.
- Change API/node-collector.php and API/seed-data.php files to point the location to the folder in point 1 (var: $location).
- Create a database with the util/db-util.py program and add nodes to it. (Make sure the database file is in the location of 1, has the name "seednodes.db" and is readable by the webserver.)