Clone this wiki locally
Frequently Asked Questions
- Create a new Bioconductor repo at github
- Watch a repo
- Delete a repo
- Setup your computer for git
- Clone a remote repo onto your computer
- Using ssh keys
- Overview of basic operations
- Add a user to a team
- Teams: setup & configuration
- Clone a Bioc SVN repository into a git & github repo
- Commit git-tracked changes back to Bioc SVN
The main goals of this repository is to promoted the usage of
github as a support for Bioconductor package development:
github to promote wider collaboration between Bioconductor developers.
An example - BiocParallel Bioconductor facilities for parallel evaluation
github for all (or at least most) mentored projects.
3. Encourage those who use and prefer
github to update to Bioc's
svn early and often
When it becomes close to Bioc release times, lots of changes get often checked in that had been tracked in
github. This can cause a flurry of last-minute fuss for developers and Bioc administrators. We want to encourage those package developers to keep the
svn repository synced up to scale those flurries back to a more comfortable level.