Theos and Cycript for non-jailbroken iOS devices
This fork of Theos is designed to work with apps on non-jailbroken iOS devices. You MUST have an Apple iOS Developer account in order to use this (for code-signing purposes).
- You use it just as you would for a jailbroken device tweak (edit Tweak.xm then "make")
- It integrates CydiaSubstrate
- It integrates Cycript
- It patches App Store apps (.ipa files) to load CydiaSubstrate, your tweak, Cycript, etc
- It re-signs the patched app using your Apple iOS Developer certificate
- You can then (re)install the patched app to your jailed device using XCode
- You can remotely attach to Cycript using
cycript -r hostname:31337
- iOS device
- Apple Developer account
- XCode with iPhone SDK
- Patience and luck
- Extract and decrypt your target app. Save as a .ipa.
- Check out this project
- Change to the base directory for your new tweak
- Configure as you normally would for a regular Theos tweak
- Once done, change into your new tweak directory
- Edit Tweak.xm as necessary
maketo build your tweak
./patchapp.sh info /path/to/your/file.ipa
- Take the information from that and use the Apple Member Center to create a matching Provisionin Profile.
- Save the Provisioning Profile somewhere on your computer.
.patchapp.sh patch /path/to/your/file.ipa /path/to/your/file.mobileprovisionto inject the tweak into your .ipa
- Install the patched .ipa back onto your device using XCode.
More instructions to follow!