Arescrypt - (stable) v1.00
Experimental ransomware using Bitcoin/Litecoin/Zcash
What is Arescrypt?
Arescrypt is the latest project (as of 12/18/2017) in a malware framework that I call Ares. Arescrypt is special in it's own way, packing in an all-in-one (encryption/verification/decryption) ransomware tool; designed specially for the Windows OS.
Well, Arescrypt is one of my first large-scale ransomware malware's I've ever hand-crafted. So, I tried going all out for it, in hopes that it may be developed better in time. However, some of the abilities this ransomware has are as follows:
- All-in-one (encryption, verification, and decryption) of files.
- Unique API calls to configurable server (standalone PHP script included)
- Information stored in DAT (configuration) file - obfuscated too ;)
- Extensive configuration file
- Sandboxing capabilities
Some of these may not be required, but they do help in development
- Visual Studio 2017
- .NET Framework 4
PM> Install-Package Costura.Fody
PM> Install-Package Newtonsoft.Json
- Webserver with php7.0 installed
- MySql database
- Moderate understanding of C-Sharp (C#) and PHP - I can't guarantee 100% stability as of now
- Add file hashsums checker
- Clean/straighten-out code to make for easier development
- Find better way to obfuscase DAT file (currently using Binary Reader/Writer)
- Extend testing and platform capabilities
This software/framework was NOT designed for improper use. I do NOT conduct nor condone illegal/restricted use of this software. I am NOT responsible for actions carried out by any user of this software/framework. This is available as a free software for personal/commercial use.