A performant, portable jq wrapper thats facilitates the consumption and output of formats other than JSON; using
jq filters to transform the data.
- Compiles to a single binary for easy portability.
- Performant, similar performance with JSON data compared to
jq. Slightly longer execution time when going to/from a non-JSON format.
- Supports XML and YAML as additional output formats.
For more on installing & using
snap with your Linux distribution, see the official documentation.
snap install oq
brew tap blacksmoke16/tap brew install oq
If building from source,
jq will need to be installed separately. Installation instructions can be found in the official documentation.
Requires Crystal to be installed, see the installation documentation.
git clone https://github.com/Blacksmoke16/oq.git cd oq/ shards build --production
The built binary will be available as
./bin/oq. This can be relocated elsewhere on your machine; be sure it is in your
PATH to access it as
oq binary, with a few optional custom arguments, see
oq --help. All other arguments get passed to
jq. See jq manual for details.
- XML input format
- Address bugs/issues that arise
- Small feature requests
- Possibly additional formats
- Fork it (https://github.com/Blacksmoke16/oq/fork)
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request