res·pite (noun): a short period of rest or relief from something difficult or unpleasant.
Read-only Slack RTM API client for spying on teams.
Respite is a terminal based, read-only client for Slack’s RTM API which authenticates using auth tokens to bypass 2FA and SSO.
Respite was developed to provide a useful tool for leveraging tokens acquired from the
toke_em tool by @n0ncetonic https://github.com/n0ncetonic/toke_em
Run these commands.
git clone https://github.com/BlacksunLabs/respite cd respite go build go install
Assuming respite is in your path after a
go install, respite can be called from any where.
An environment variable
SLACK_TOKEN is expected to be set in order for respite to connect to Slack. For example:
export SLACK_TOKEN=xoxs-Your-Slack-Token-Here respite --log respite.log
By default respite does not persist logs to disk. If you would prefer to store logs to a file provide the
--log <filename> flag. When using the
--log flag all messages are written regardless of whether or not channel filtering is enabled in the client.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to move the cursor up or down along the Channel List.
- Channels colored green are public channels the user you've authenticated as is a member of
- Channels colored yellow are private channels the user you've authenticated as is a member of
- Channels colored cyan are DMs to the user you've authenticated as
- ^C - quit
- Tab - disable message filtering
- Enter - enable message filtering for channel under cursor
TODO : Write a better readme ...
Current stable version: 1.0.1
Current dev version: 1.0.1
- Utilize legacy auth tokens to authenticate with Slack's RTM API
- Receive messages posted into any channel/dm which your user has permissions to
- Allow filtering of messages by channel/dm
- Supports downloading files uploaded to team
- Adds functionality to export team user profile directory
- Adds function to export a channel's history