Bludit Plugin: "Auto-Archive-Menu-Plus-More"
Version control and installation.
I will not be testing this plugin against all releases of Bludit. As and when I upgrade my Bludit website and find it to be incompatible with this plugin I will endeavor to fix the issue.
For version control, I will start a new folder that will be a complete plugin and independent of other versions.
After downloading and extracting the zip file, look in the relevant folder applicable for you Bludit version and upload the 'Auto-Archive-Menu-Plus-More' folder into the 'bl-plugins' folder on your website. Then activate and configure as needed.
Think of a conveyor-belt...
... Published content moves through three different sections automatically based on the published DATE:
- "Upcoming" menu section
- "Current" menu section
- "Archive" menu section
All sections are configurable:
- Set if the section is active or not (excluding "Current")
- Section label names can be changed
- Set if children should show or not
- For each independent section, set the duration of time (weeks at the moment) content appears in it
- What to do about nothing? Automatically shows or hides the section label if no content is found
- Fill-in text if nothing is found and label is shown <-- in progress.
- If "Upcoming" menu section is disabled, "Current" menu section automatically starts immediately.
Oh yes; there are a few more features as well...
- Hide pages with a named Category.
- A built in "Static Menu" - derived from the standard Bludit "Static Menu" plug-in, but honoring the hidden pages category.
- Enable/Disable Home page withing Static Pages
- Special menu Section for Admin/Editors when logged in. - added for plugin ver 2.3.2
NB: Still there for Bludit 3.x but NOT now restricted to Admit/Editors because bludit 3 does not give out user roles any more... hope to add it back it sometime...
Built initially to auto-archive a programme of events for a concert club after a number of weeks had elapsed but became a little more than that.