KotoPasta is a simple, lightweight, and feature-rich CMS system.
KotoPasta is getting better and better every single time.
With KotoPasta 3.0.5, my focus lies on user friendliness, integration with multiple Pasta flavours, and of course: performance.
Are you a designer and/or programmer? Feel free to install this Beta to help me improve KotoPasta.
Otherwise, please enjoy creating your own website without any learning curve!
- Apache 2.0 or higher
- PHP 5.3 or higher (also tested with PHP 7.0)
- MySQL 5.0 or higher
How to install
Simply run http://YOUR.DOMAIN/install and follow the instructions. Simple as that! BUT REMOVE THE INSTALL DIRECTORY AS SOON AS YOU'RE DONE!
How to update
At the moment, it's not possible to update from KotoPasta 2.3.
If you happen to run a KotoPasta 2.3-based website, please shoot me an email so I can help you get on KotoPasta 3.0.1.
Due to the new features being added to 3.0.1, you cannot upgrade KotoPasta 3.0 to 3.0.1 as you usually would.
In order to upgrade any way, apply the following 3 commands in phpMyAdmin:
From KotoPasta 3.0 to 3.0.1
ALTER TABLE `blg_blogs_en` ADD `slug` VARCHAR(255) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL AFTER `title`;
ALTER TABLE `blg_blogs_en` ADD `isDraft` INT(1) NOT NULL AFTER `thumbnail`;
ALTER TABLE `blg_pages_en` ADD `slug` VARCHAR(255) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL AFTER `title`;
If you don't use the English locale, make sure you change "en" to something else.
From KotoPasta 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 or 3.0.3
Just replace your files. ;)
From KotoPasta 3.0.3 to 3.0.4 or 3.0.5
Add the following 2 lines to config.php:
$captchaSiteKey = "YOUR_KEY_HERE";
$captchaSecretKey = "YOUR_KEY_HERE";
Check out the extras repository for additional stuff for your KotoPasta site.
Extra stuff include more themes, foundation page, frontpage for news websites, sliders, etc.
Modules like forums and webshops will be available in the future.
NEW IN 3.0.5
- URGENT bug fix: websites no longer crash. Our apologies to those who just updated to 3.0.4. :(
NEW IN 3.0.4
- reCAPTCHA v2 integration. If you want to allow user registration, you MUST provide your own keys from now on.
- Bug fix: "last online" works even without the topbar.
- Bug fix: the installer now checks whether you've filled in all the required details or not.
- Removed: unused JS and CSS scripts.
NEW IN 3.0.3
- The blog and its posts are no longer visible if "blog purpose" is set to "no purpose".
- The menu will no longer display your homepage twice if "blog purpose" is set to "no purpose" or "side purpose".
- Bug fix: the URL type will no longer auto-reset each time you edit the site information.
NEW IN 3.0.2
- Bug fix: YouTube embeds and forum quotes.
- Bug fix: classic menu when site configuration is set to URL slugs.
NEW IN 3.0.1
- Tons of bug fixes.
- Installer is FINALLY working!
- Added slugs (support for nice URLs). -- Slugs are automatically being generated to your new post/page, and are therefore not customisable.
- The tab/window title now includes the page/post title (if any).
- You can now save new posts and pages as draft.
NEW IN 3.0
- All of the stuff below.
- HTTP-only cookies are now being enforced.
- You can no longer register 2 accounts on the same IP address (spam protection).
- Installer script.
NEW IN 3.0 Beta 4
- User warning reasons are now being displayed to the administrators on the users' profile.
- Add new languages (WARNING: cannot remove languages!).
- The ability to IP ban specific IP addresses.
- Ability to check IP addresses of all users (for those who don't accept multiple accounts per person).
- Easily view all banned IPs and warned users.
- Bug fixes.
- Security fixes.
NEW IN 3.0 Beta 3
- User registrations can now be turned on or off (on by default).
- Break line switch (you decide whether enters are automatically added or not).
- Preview themes (CSS ONLY!).
- Bug fixes.
NEW IN 3.0 Beta 2
- Major code revamp, in order to include support for multiple Pasta flavours.
- The whole user and system sections became independant modules.
- Lots of post features were added.
- Private messaging for your users.
- New user profiles.
- Admin panel is now separately themeable.
- Scrapped duplicated features.
NEW IN 2.4 Beta 1
- You can choose a file you have uploaded before directly from the editor (EXPERIMENTAL!).
- Support for the forum software used at UltimatePisman.org.