AssFilterMod is a fork of AssFilter by Alex Marsev.
Open-source DirectShow subtitle renderer based on libass and the SubRenderIntf interfaces. Like the well known XySubFilter, AssFilter don't render the subtitles directly onto the video. It instead communicate directly with the video renderer to send the subtitles. This process allow the video renderer to do what it wants with the subtitles.
AssFilterMod is a version of AssFilter with new features and bug fixes:
- Added the Settings and Status tabs
- Added support for SRT subtitles
- Works with built-in video renderers in MPC-HC
- Fix crash when the subtitle track is changed
- Use latest versions of libraries
- Auto-loading of external subtitles
Multiple folders need to be seperated by using the delimiter
; in the External Subtitles Folders.
Note: Only subfolders of the currently playing media file folder can be used.
In the Custom Tags edit control, you can enter Ass Tags and customize your SRT subtitles the way you want.
Ex: If you want your subtitles to be BOLD, enter
- All tags that you use in the Customs Tags will overwrite the default settings.
- Settings are saved in the registry:
- Only ASS and SRT subtitles are supported.
- Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 Redistributables
- Visual Studio 2017 Redistributables x32
- Visual Studio 2017 Redistributables x64
- DirectX 9 Redistributables
Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (32 and 64 bits)
Can be found here https://github.com/Blitzker/assfiltermod/releases
Compiling AssFilterMod is pretty straightforward:
Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 or Visual Studio 2017installed.
- Check out
masterbranch of assfiltermod.
- Ensure that all submodules are up-to-date by running
git submodule update --init --recursivefrom inside the tree.
assfiltermod.slnsolution file and build.