Welcome to BlocklyDuino
BlocklyDuino is a web-based visual programming editor for Arduino.
BlocklyDuino is based on Blockly, the web-based, graphical programming editor. Provide static type language blocks and code generators for Arduino programming.
BlocklyDuino also support Grove blocks to easily get started with microcontroller-based experimentation and learning.
- Programming Arduino with visually drag and drop code blocks
- Generate fully compatible Arduino source code
- Interactive Arduino board with 10+ predefined Grove sensor blocks
- Load different on-site examples with url parameters
BlocklyDuino is a web tool. You can give it a try at Web to see the working BlocklyDuino.
You can link directly to examples
- demo 1 make default LED blink
- demo 2 control servo with potentio rotator
- demo 3 click button to change LED colors
Or watch the video demos
Run locally on your web browser
If you want to install it locally. Get code from github and open
blockly/apps/blocklyduino/index.html in your browser.
The preffered way is to put the
BlocklyDuino/web folder into a web server and open the url like
localhost/public/blockly/apps/blocklyduino/index.html for use.
Integrated Arduino upload
To avoid the tedious step of manually pasting code to the Arduino IDE, you can run a mini webserver that uses the Arduino IDE to upload the code to a connected Arduino board on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux systems. Invoke this command from the BlocklyDuino root folder:
You can optionally specify the port with
--port=/dev/tty.foo on Linux and Mac);
if you don't, it will try and guess which port to use.
When the webserver is running, you can access BlocklyDuino itself on http://127.0.0.1:8080/.
- Open browser to BlocklyDuino, drag and drop blocks to make an Arduino program
- Select the
Arduinotab and copy all of the source code into an existing or new project in the Arduino IDE
- Press the
Uploadbutton in the Arduino IDE to burn the code into a connected Arduino board
OR (if running
- Open browser to BlocklyDuino, drag and drop blocks to make an Arduino program.
- Select the
Arduinotab and press the
Uploadbutton. (press the
Resetbutton to upload an empty program)
In GNU/Linux OS (i.e. Ubuntu 18.04x64)
- Open one terminal, go the BlocklyDuino path and run:
python arduino_web_server.py --port=/dev/ttyUSB0
- Open a new terminal and run:
- Once BlocklyDuino is open in the browser, drag and drop blocks to make an Arduino program or
load an example by clicking on
LoadXML(e.g. /blocky/apps/blockyduino/examples/blink.xml or other in the same path)
Uploadand wait until you see
Program uploaded okand press OK!
- Close terminals with
Check changelog here
Authors and Contributors
Fred Lin (@gasolin).
Thanks Neil Fraser, Q.Neutron from Blockly https://developers.google.com/blockly/ Thanks Dale Low (gumbypp) for contribute the python server to pipe BlocklyDuino source to arduino board. Thanks Arduino and Seeeduino guys for Arduino and Grove blocks.
Copyright (C) 2012~2015 Fred Lin email@example.com
- Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
- you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
- You may obtain a copy of the License at