A YouTube-like video player based on Qt, QML and libmpv.
How to install
- Coming Soon
- Arch Linux:
kittehplayerin the AUR
- You can find the latest appimage of KittehPlayer automatically built by travis at: https://github.com/NamedKitten/KittehPlayer/releases
- To easily install it so it can be easily updated run as your current user:
sudo wget https://github.com/NamedKitten/KittehPlayer/releases/download/continuous/KittehPlayer-x86_64.AppImage -O /usr/bin/KittehPlayer && sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/KittehPlayer && sudo chown $USER /usr/bin/KittehPlayer
- To update the AppImage run
KittehPlayer --updateperiodically which will update it using as little bandwidth as needed.
pacman -S git cmake qt5-svg qt5-declarative qt5-quickcontrols qt5-quickcontrols2 mpv
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:beineri/opt-qt-5.11.1-xenial -y sudo apt update sudo apt install build-essential git nasm qt511-meta-minimal qt511quickcontrols qt511quickcontrols2 qt511imageformats qt511svg libgl1-mesa-dev sudo apt-get build-dep mpv libmpv* ffmpeg
git clone https://github.com/NamedKitten/KittehPlayer KittehPlayer
- If you are running Ubuntu you will need to run
sudo ./scripts/build-mpv.shbecause ubuntu's MPV version is way too old.
mkdir build && cd build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
sudo make install
- The finished player will then be installed and you can launch it using
- On linux the config file will be located at
- If your language isn't listed above then please either contact me (details at bottom of readme) or make a PR with the translations which are located in the file