Open Knesset Mobile
Open Knesset Mobile (כנסת פתוחה) uses PhoneGap and Sencha Touch to construct a multi-platform mobile application for the Open Knesset website. This application is available free on the App Store and Android Market and will always be free. The purpose of this app is to increase transparency of Knesset activities, and to encourage people to be more involved with what is happening with the rulers of Israel's country.
This project is released as Open Source so that everyone can contribute to it. Please check our issue tracking system for stuff we'd be happy be done :)
- Git (obviously)
- Ant (for the build)
For desktop testing:
- Google Chrome (or Safari) or another WebKit based browser. Sencha touch does not support FireFox
For Android: (PhoneGap for Android is included in this git repository)
- ADT for Eclipse (Android development Toolkit)
For Desktop browser testing (Chrome/Safari):
- clone this git repository git clone email@example.com:gardenofwine/Open-Knesset-Mobile.git
For the Android version development:
retrieve the submodules:
cd 'OKnesset Mobile' git submodule init git submodule update
import the project directly under 'OKnesset Mobile' to eclipse
Installation - only for Android
run the following git commands to clone the PhoneGap submodule:
git submodule init git submodule update
Get started (Build and Run!)
- build the project (Project ==> Build Project)
build the project (command-line) - run ant with no arguments form the project root directory.
you now have 3 'executable' versions of the OKnesset Mobile application. Android, iPhone and Web (for testing).
- Open 'OKnesset Mobile/target/web/www/index.html' with chrome
- Open 'OKnesset Mobile/native/iOS/OKnesset/OKnesset' (with Xcode)
- import the eclipse project in 'OKnesset Mobile/native/Android/OKnesset/'
if you get an Error like this when running ant:
'ant' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
You need to download and install ANT on your machine.
Make a difference!
- Try to follow These Guidelines from PhoneGap's Contributer Workflow on how to make pull requests for the project