A utility to assist in managing a vRealize Operation Manager (vROps) environment through the CLI. A user can perform MP installs and upgrades, licensing management, endpoint configuration, credential management, and more! The design is focused around exposing core functionality that can be scripted to make more complex solutions.
- Downloads are available on the release page.
- Usage details can be located at USAGE.md
- Examples scripts that use the utilty are located in the examples directory
- Blog articles
Development Environment Setup
- Make sure to have Python and Pipenv install
- For Mac, Install Homebrew (this may take a while if Xcode needs to be installed):
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
pipenv --python 3.7In current directory (or
pipenv --python 3.6 for vROps build directly)
pipenv lock --preand
pipenv syncto ensure everything is up to date
pipenv shellto enter environment
Make sure to compile this on the oldest OS you wish to support with your binary!
- Run pylint tests
pylint --disable=all --enable=F,E,unreachable,duplicate-key,unnecessary-semicolon,global-variable-not-assigned,unused-variable,binary-op-exception,bad-format-string,anomalous-backslash-in-string,bad-open-mode *.py
- Run installer locally
pipenv shell pipenv install pyinstaller pyinstaller -F vropscli.py
- If you wish to compile to work natively on a vROps system (SLES 11), run the Docker build script:
Binary build will be in a