NodeGame: Shooter is an asteroids / geometry wars styled HTML5 multiplayer game. It's written using Node.js and HTML5.
It currently runs natively in Chrome 5+, Safari 5, Firefox 4 Beta and Opera 10.70+. It also runs somewhat in IE9 and older Browsers using a Flash fall back for WebSockets.
- Edit client/config.js to point to your server.
- Edit server/server.js to match your desired port.
- This depends on whether you A. want flash fall back or B. don't want it.
- sudo privbind -u username node server.js allows for listening on port 843 without running the game as sudo.
- node server.js just starts the game but the flash fall back won't work.
- (Client) Improve the sound effects
Copyright (c) 2010 Ivo Wetzel.
All rights reserved.
NodeGame: Shooter is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
NodeGame: Shooter is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with NodeGame: Shooter. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.