SlackPortal: Create a share channel for your Slack workspaces
You can use SlackPortal to create a share channel between two different workspaces. All the message, thread, editing, mention and emoji will be synced in the channel.
git clone https://github.com/bookgin/slackportal cd slackportal npm install @slack/client # Then edit config.js to specify the tokens node index.js
Get API Tokens
- Create a new slack app in https://api.slack.com/apps.
- App name can be arbitrary. Choose one of the workspaces you want to use SlackPortal.
- Navigate to "Add features and functionality": Select "Bots" and then "Add a Bot User"
- Both display name and default username can be arbitrary.
- Click "Add a Bot User" and then "Save Changes"
- Navigate to "Add features and functionality": Select "Permissions" and scroll down to Scopes
- Add the following permission scopes and "Save Changes":
- Scroll up and click "Install App to Workspace"
- Authorize this app
- Now you have acquired OAuth Access Token (oauth_token) and Bot User OAuth Access Token (bot_token). Specify both tokens in
- Repeat steps as described above and choose the other workspace in step 2. Specify the tokens in
- In both channels of workspaces, invite the bot user into the channel.