This dotfiles is meant to be run on a fresh install of OSX only.
xcode-select --install git clone https://github.com/BosEriko/dotfiles.git ~/.dotfiles ~/.dotfiles/install/entry.sh
?]Disable System Integiry Protection [
It is not recommended to disable SIP but this is required to run Yabai smoothly
- Restart your Mac, then hold down
Command + Rkey combination to enter recovery mode
- Once it boots in, click on Terminal
- Type in the following command to turn off SIP completely
- Restart the system
A few more steps
Open Karabiner-Elements and enable the following complex modifications:
- Change caps_lock to control if pressed with other keys, to escape if pressed alone. (Open JSON)
- Mouse keys (full) (rev 4) (Open JSON)
- Change right_command+hjkl to arrow keys
- Disable Spotlight's hotkeys
- Set Alfred's hotkey to
Command + Spacebar
- Enable Web Bookmarks under the Features tab
- Update the Web Searches
You also need to setup Mission Control to be able to work with Yabai properly. Open Mission Control's settings then do the following:
- Enable "Display have separate Spaces"
- Disable "Automatically rearrange Spaces based on most recent use"
Yabai will also be using the hotkey for taking screenshots and screencasts so that needs to be updated. Open the Keyboard section inside System Preferences then do the following:
- Select Screenshots from the list of options on the left
- Change the hotkey of "Screenshots and recording options" to
option + cmd + p
That's it! You can now open Hyper or VSCodium.
As backup, I use MEGA to store all my personal music and movies. Be sure to sync
~/Movies/Mega\ Movies and
~/Music/Mega\ Music to their respective folders inside MEGA using MEGAsync!
Call to action
If you want to share some ideas you can email me at email@example.com.