Installation & Usage
The source-code of KarambaIDEA can be opened in Visual Studio. The following software packages are needed in order to run. KarambaIDEA makes use of DLL-files. Therefore, IDEA Statica Connection and Rhino 6 should be installed in the folder specified below.
- IDEA Statica Connection version 9.1 (installed in folder C:\Program Files\IDEAStatiCa\StatiCa9)
- Rhino 6 (installed in folder C:\Program Files\Rhino 6)
- Karamba3D version 1.3.1
- .NET Framework 4.7 (to built solution)
In most cases the following references are not being found, when opening the project folder for the first time. Update the following references.
References (to update):
* GH_IO path C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Grasshopper\GH_IO.dll * Grasshopper path C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Grasshopper\Grasshopper.dll * RhinoCommon path C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\System\RhinoCommon.dll * IdeaStatiCa.ConnectionBasicTypes path C:\Program Files\IDEAStatiCa\StatiCa9\IdeaStatiCa.ConnectionBasicTypes.dll
This repository contains two folders: KarambaIDEA and Tester:
- The Tester folder, can be used to test the link between IDEA Statica Connection and raw data.
- The KarambaIDEA folder, is the folder that builts the plug-in. When building this folder, Rhino 6 will start.
First time debug:
- Since this is the first time you are debugging KarambaIDEA, you need to tell Grasshopper where to look. In the Rhino command prompt, run the
Uncheck the Memory load *.GHA assemblies using COFF byte arrays checkbox.
Click the Add Folder button and add your bin output folder of your project to Grasshopper’s search path. NOTE: You only need to do this step once, unless you move the KarambaIDEA folder elsewhere.
Run the Grasshopper command to start Grasshopper. If you don’t blink, you might see Grasshopper say it is loading
KarambaIDEAin the status bar of the splash screen.
Open one of the examples files provided on food4rhino.