This is a python script which used k2pdfopt to convert 2 column pdf papers to a kindle readable format and sends it then to your kindle as email.
I don't know who came up with this super idea of creating 2 column pdf especially for papers. Really annoying. That is why I made this simple converter script.
How to install
- Download this script by clicking this link https://github.com/BrandiATMuhkuh/paperToKindle/archive/master.zip
- Unzip the "paperToKindle-master.zip" file where ever you want
- Download K2pdfopt for your platform from this page http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/download/
- Copy the "k2pdfopt" file into the folder "paperToKindle-master" folder
- Rename the file "example.cfg" to "config.cfg"
- Open config.cfg with any text editor
- Replace each variable with the proper smtp data (you can find them in you email client (thunderbird/outlook) or google for smtp server and your email service)
- Make sure Amazon can receive email from your email address
- go to https://www.amazon.de/gp/digital/fiona/manage?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0#pdocSettings
- Add you email address to the Allowed email addresses
- Copy the kindle email address to your config.cfg and use it for the variable "kindleEmail"
- Now we are done
How to run
- Open the command line and go to the the folder called "paperToKindle-master"
- python ./paperToKindle.py -p [pdfFileName] -t 'title of the paper'