This project was designed to create a point-of-sale system as a team.
At a minimum, this should include:
- A list of twelve products that have properties for: name, category, description, and price.
- Present a menu to the user and let them choose an item or items to purchase.
- The item(s) the user will buy will be added to a cart until they are ready for checkout.
- Provide a way for the user to checkout and view their cart.
- Give the subtotal, sales tax, and the grand total.
- If the user is paying in cash, ask for the amount tendered and provide change.
- If the user is paying with a card, ask for the card number, expiration, and CVV.
- Provide a receipt for the payment which includes the item(s) bought, the subtotal, grand total, and anything else of interest.
- We designed together a low-fidelity mock up of a realistic goal for our time frame that covers the requirements.
- We discussed our personal goals of what we would like to work on and learn from this project.
- We started with Git Issues to lay out what we wanted to take on.
- We communicated often and clearly about merging branches (We created a branches for each feature we started on).
- We walked through conflicts and bugs together to get multiple perspectives.
Things we would of loved to expand on.
- Ability to sort array
- Email functionality
- Quantity manipulation in the cart
- Quick Checkout
- Ability to remove single items from cart
- Menu formatting
Our first big success
These were the visual aids we used as a goal.