A Library of reusable health checks implementing the Dropwizard Health Check Framework. These checks are usable with any JVM-based language (e.g. Java, Scala, Groovy, etc.).
This product is dedicated to making health checks as simple as possible so that you spend less time dealing with non-functional requirements and get on to more fun coding activities.
Health checks contained within include:
- Any database supporting JDBC including JNDI data sources (e.g. PostGreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, etc.).
- Any service exposing a Http(s) health check (nice for verifying dependent services are up)
- Rabbit MQ
We want additional health checks! It's a time saver for everybody. Information on how you can contribute is found here. Ideas for additional health checks are:
Health checks currently available are:
Relational Database Checks
- DataSourceHealthCheck - Checks applications ability to connect to a JDBC DataSource
- JDBCHealthCheck - Checks applications ability to connect to a database via JDBC
Network Resource Checks
- HttpHealthCheck - Health check for dependent Http(s) resources or services
RabbitMQ Resource Checks
- RabbitMQHealthCheck - Health check for RabbitMQ queue access.
Cassandra database Checks
- CassandraHealthCheck - Health check for Cassanrda database access.
MongoDB database Checks
- MongoDbHealthCheck - Health check for MongoDB database access.
System Requirements For All Checks
- Java JDK 1.7 or later
- io.dropwizard.metrics / metrics-healthchecks
- org.apache.commons / commons-lang3
- org.slf4j / slf4j-api