This month, just half a dozen bug fixes, plus a new parameter for sp_BlitzCache to search the plan cache for specific strings.
- Fix: ignore backups-on-same-drive rule on Linux since it's harder to detect mount points over there. (#1995, thanks UCJonathan for the bug report and Brandon (bsquidwrd) for the code.)
- Improvement: new @SlowlySearchPlansFor parameter lets you look for strings in the plan cache. Useful for when you wanna figure out what query is asking for a particular missing index, find out which query is using an index, or which query is calling a function. This one's very new and untested, so if you find stuff, drop us a line in a new issue. (#2000)
- Fix: when calling sp_BlitzCache, it was passing an invalid @SortOrder parameter, and since sp_BlitzCache started purposely throwing sev 16 errors in the #1945 enhancement, that caused the sp_BlitzFirst Agent jobs to fail.(#1983, thanks Bill Mrazik for the bug report.)
- Fix: saving results to table was broken in last month's release. Doh! (#1988, thanks Matthew Monroe for the report & fix.)
- Fix: simplified missing index recommendations - they no longer say "with high impact" or "with low impact." (#1991)