A 2D game engine built on top of the MonoGame framework. This project was started on April 23, 2016.
Currently, the Macabre2D editor only supports Windows. The framework itself is technically setup to work with any platform; however, only Windows has been tested.
The full source code is available here from GitHub:
- Clone the source:
git clone https://github.com/BrettStory/Macabre2D
- Set up the root submodules by calling the following at the base of the repository:
git submodule update --init --recursive
- Run MonoGame/Protobuild.exe to generate MonoGame project files and solutions.
- Install MonoGame for your version of Visual Studio: http://www.monogame.net/downloads/
- Restore NuGet packages for Macabre2D.sln.
- Open Macabre2D.sln. From here you can run the editor or example projects.