This release brings PWM support to BrewPi and splits out the control algorithm in smaller classes and independent objects.
- Modular control algorithm, which is easy to scale to multiple control loops later.
- New fixed point class to represent internal temperatures and variables
- Fridge temperature now also controlled by PID. Overshoot estimation has been removed.
- PID class
- Filtering has moved inside this PID class instead of in temperature sensor class
- How integrator anti-windup is implemented has been completely reworked. It now reads back the actuator state to see if it is saturated and compensates.
- PID constants are now defined as Kp, Ti and Td (time constants for integral and derivative, instead of gains)
- Setpoint class: setpoints can be shared by multiple PIDs and are independent.
- Controller state is output as JSON using ESJ
- Many new actuator classes, that can have each other as target. Composite PWM classes can make up more complex actuators.
- PWM actuator
- Drives another digital actuator
- Configurable PWM frequency
- Automatically adapts to achieve correct average if the actuator below has a minimum ON or OFF time. It can skip high or low cycles when near the minimum or maximum.
- Time limited actuator: guards that the actuator it is driving is high/low for a minimum time.
- Mutex actuator: Actuators can be made mutually exclusive by adding them to a Mutex group, which keeps track of their priority and serves as an arbiter to determine who can go active. Also manages a dead time for switching between actuators.
- Support for DS2413 actuators, which can also be driven with PWM
- Fixed bugs in DS2413 code. Now both outputs work correctly.
- Support for valve controller boards based on the DS2408
- Cascaded control is now implemented with a SetPoint actuator that offsets one setpoint with another
- Minimum ON and OFF time for a fridge is now configurable
- Boost test framework and new unit tests
- New simulations in unit tests, which output CSV files that can be plotted with Python.
- Time out on touch screen calibration on the Photon
- Temperature output is now unfiltered
- Prevent the same actuator or function to be installed twice in device manager
- Fixed alarm/buzzer sounding weird