Raspbery Pi Ansible Bringup Playbook
- Copy vars-example.yml to vars.yml and edit in your customizations for hostname, password, and wifi settings.
- Flash minimal Raspbian onto SD card
- touch /Volumes/boot/ssh
- Unmount from the computer and boot in the Pi, with the wired LAN connected to your network
- Ensure you can successfully
- Ensure you can ssh
Running the playbook for the first time:
ansible-playbook -i raspberrypi.local, bringup.yml
- Note that the package update steps will take a very, very, very long time.
- ssh into the Raspberry Pi,
sudo shutdown -r nowand disconnect the wired LAN.
An example of running it later (in this case, my hostname is forestbox):
ansible-playbook -i forestbox.local, --skip-tags updates bringup.yml