App Cloud Emulator
App Cloud Emulator is a tool for encouraging in-browser development of App Cloud apps. It emulates a native device (as much as possible) so most development can be in-browser leading to faster turn-around and better tools.
- Displays your application inside the device with the same resolution as on-device.
- Toggle between portrait and landscape orientations. Change in orientation triggers the same JS events the device API would normally.
- Toggle between iPhone and Android devices (back button support for Android).
- Support for tap/click and scroll (provided by default).
- Buttons for firing swipe left/right events on the current view.
- Access to all views included in the manifest.xml with icon (if provided).
- Easy installation: just drop it in your application root. Only used in development and doesn't have any effect on production (other than the file size which is about ~500KB total).
See this video to see it in action.
- Download the zip file and extract into your app root
- Go to /emulator/ at your application root URL
Note that many (read: all) apps need to be able to make AJAX requests cross-domain (either to Brightcove or elsewhere) which is, by default, disable in the browser. For Chrome, start up with the --disable-web-security flag:
$ /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --disable-web-security
Access to the Brightcove API