libMSP430 is a friendly fork-and-fix of the canonocal TI 'MSP430DLLv3' for linux, which is previously only available as a zip file with a hard to find patch for Debian/Ubuntu.
When trying to use mspdebug using the 'tilib' option on my persoan Linux box, I could not find a working zip of 'MSP430DLLv3' to build, so I collected the patches and posted them in this repo to share.
master : our patched branch of MSP430DLLv3
- check out this repository
- run './ubuntu_install_prereqes.sh'
- run ' mspdebug tilib -d /dev/ttyACM0' (assuming your ti device is on ACM0) and verify you have an error loading 'libmsp430.so' on your machine
- run 'make' If you are lucky, this should just work
- run 'make install' to install the driver, so mspdebug can find the lib
- Plug in a MSP-FET430UIF device into your machine
- run ' mspdebug tilib -d /dev/ttyACM0' (assuming your ti device is on ACM0) it should work now.
- Unnamed TI employee post/patch: : http://e2e.ti.com/support/microcontrollers/msp430/f/166/p/214038/756939.aspx
- This mspdebug linux install info: http://e2e.ti.com/support/microcontrollers/msp430/f/166/p/214038/756939.aspx
- the device this is driver is building for: https://github.com/BuLogics/libMSP430