Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Here are some notes on getting the mod working with Linux. Also have a look at splitscreen_wine.sh.
Wine is officially supported since version
GTA2 Wine installation for 0.3.1
This text is obsolete, read the install instructions in the README.txt instead,
g2hr.sh takes care of this!
- install winetricks and run:
winetricks -q directplay vb6run
- install Vike's GTA2
- make sure that you have 32bit alsa libs installed for sound
Running the whole mod in Wine
- G2HR Alpha GUI
- Merging windows
- proxy_dll with TCP server
- sdl_controller_code, when compiled natively for linux (it should even be possible to call this from within AutoIt3, so we'll probably do that in the next release)
- Tested with the OSS radeon driver
- Sound is gone as soon as the windows are merged! (0.2.0)
- At least with 0.3.0 sound works, when not merging windows. that is okay, because with wine we can run all wine processes in one window!
- Shutting the mod down properly, but you can kill the script in the terminal. We probably can work around this with some shell magic
- Ping seems to be better on wine?
- Network stuff seems to launch faster
- Shutdown doesn't work well
- In one case a reboot was required, before hosting a network game worked again o_O