Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Helping Test Byzantium
Table of Contents
- Boot up Byzantium in as many graphical modes as possible from the bootloader
- Did you encounter problems with video not showing up properly in any of them?
- Did your system successfully startup?
- Observe the Desktop Environment
- Did Firefox start successfully, and did it display a success or a failure message?
- Did any strange error messages or windows popup?
- Were you able to associate another laptop with your Byzantium node?
- When you opened a web browser on the other laptop, did you see the captive portal screen, did you see an error message, or did you not see anything?
- Were you able to click through the captive portal? Did you see the service directory?
- Open LXterminal
- Enter command
- Enter root password when prompted (Default password is: toor)
- A file named psinfo.txt will be saved on the Desktop as psinfo.txt
- Either email this file to yourself from Byzantium (if possible), or copy the psinfo.txt file to a flash drive.
- To mount a flash drive, plug it into a USB port. Click on the menu button in the bottom-left corner, click on System Tools and then Mount Drives.
- When prompted, enter the root password.
- When the panel pops up, click on the Storage tab. Select the flash drive you just plugged in - it should be at the very bottom of the list.
- Make sure "Open folder after mounting" is checked.
- Click the Mount button.
- In the window that comes up, click File -> New Window.
- Double click home, then guest, then Desktop.
- Right-click the psinfo.txt icon.
- Click Copy
- Your USB Flash drive will be in the left hand panel at the bottom of the list. Double click on it.
- Right click in the big window, Paste.
- Right click your flash drive, click Unmount.
- Your psinfo.txt file has been copied to your flash drive.
- Navigate to the Byzantium Issues section on GitHub at: https://github.com/Byzantium/Byzantium/issues
- Click New Issue
- Enter a brief description of the problem as the Title.
- Include as much information as possible in the larger text box below the title
- EXTREMELY IMPORTANT - Please be sure to paste the contents of your psinfo.txt file into the larger text box, so that the developers have access to your hardware configuration for troubleshooting. Enter three ` symbols before and after you paste your psinfo.txt so ensure it is properly formatted.
Title: Activating wlan0 on an IBM FooBox generates an error message
Description: When I click on wlan0 to activate a mesh interface, I receive the error message "Ninjas are dangerous" Here is my hardware info
(three ` symbols)
PASTE YOUR PSINFO.TXT HERE
(three ` symbols)