Diagnostic quick start guide
Your organization processes sensitive data every day. As a manager, you have an obligation to establish specific security procedures (behavioral, organizational and technical) to protect this data. Moreover, these procedures must address the fundamental principles of necessity and proportionality. Identifying the best measures and defining the level of effectiveness required for each measure is a highly complex task. The CASES Diagnostic supports you in this process.
Using the dedicated questionnaire, this tool will help you :
- Identify vulnerabilities
- Evaluate the security level of information systems
- Issue recommendations
Here would you find further Diagnostic related documentation :
- Technical guide: Components installation walkthrough and troubleshoot section
- User guide: Complete Diagnostic available functionalities documentation
Download VM_Diagnostic.ova ready-to-use virtual machine file which can be imported directly into a virtualization tool
Make use of the installation scripts provided in the Diagnostic repository
Using the Virtual Machine
The aforementioned virtual machine has already been setup and provisioned with all application component in an Ubuntu Server 17.04 environment.
You can then import VM_Diagnostic.ova file in a virtualization tool which in our case will be VirtualBox.
Virtual machine import
( File → Import Appliance )
When successfully imported the virtual machine, you now need to setup a Host Only Network Adapter for it in VirtualBox
( File → Preferences → Network )
And configure it like the following
Click OK and you should see it in the list
Then you have to tell VirtualBox that the machine you just imported have to use the Host Only Network Adapter
Go to Network tab
And select Adapter 2 and fill like the following
Make sure everything is correctly set
And run the virtual machine. You know you are good to go when seeing that screen:
Access your Diagnostic application
Open your favorite browser and type in: http://10.0.0.102
Default machine credentials
Diagnostic application: (email@example.com:Diagnostic1!)
Virtual machine user: (diagnostic:diagnostic)
Mysql root user: (root:GENERATEDPASSWORD)
Mysql diagnostic user: (diagnostic:GENERATEDPASSWORD)
Using the installation scripts
In case you want to install the Diagnostic application on a Ubuntu or Debian distribution you may use the provided installation scripts.
Simply run the following commands
git clone gitrepo.git cd repository ./install.sh
Provide the script the information it needs when it asks (e.g mysql user:password )
You are good to go then !
CHANGE LOG VERSION 1.2 NOVEMBER 2018
- Add language tab in the administration mode. It is now possible to add/modify/delete new languages and new translations.
- Add confirmation before deleting something(questions, categories, languages, translations).
- Add Reports tab in the administration mode in which we can download/upload report template modals.
- Add Settings tab in the administration mode in which we can change some global settings and add diagnostic statistics.
- Add importation/exportation for questions and categories and for translations.
- Add an Uid for the Diagnostic, for the questions and for the categories.
- Add statistics importation for a diagnosis.
- Add several information in a diagnosis. We can now choose the activity of the company and its number of employees.
- Change the threshold calcul method for each question. It is now equal to threat*weight depends on the question.
- Add blocking question. Used if an essential domain for the entity is not managed.
- Update the evolution of maturity bar chart. We can now see the average of diagnoses of the current domain and overall diagnoses done for a year given.
- Add an help part for the organization and synthesis parts in a diagnosis.
- Aesthetics and ergonomics improved in the report. Better colors, N/A displayed instead of 0% out of 0%.
- Translation files now divided between questions, categories and translations for more visibility.
- Add a possibility to export temporal questions.
- Update documentation to match with new features.
CHANGE LOG VERSION 1.1 JUNE 2018
- Update Ubuntu from 17.04 to 18.04.
- Update Php from 7.0 to 7.1.
- Add color to the category in the report (radar chart and tabs).
- Update the Diagnostic's logo from CASES to DIAGNOSTIC.
- Modify report to be more visual.
- Update calculation method (no more Planned Maturity, there is now a Non Applicable button).
- Display red points instead of triangles in the diagnostic to match with the MONARC convention.
- Use of OpenSSL to export and upload new diagnosis which wasn't working anymore since Php7.1.
- Add category tab in the adminitration mode. It is now possible to add/modify/delete new categories for the >Diagnostic.
- Update the administration mode. It is now possible to translate questions and categories without getting in >the .po files.
- Update documentation to match with new features.
Diagnostic - Cases
Copyright (c) 2017, Benjamin Joly, Jerome Lombardi, Fabien Mathey, Juan Rocha - securitymadein.lu - Smile GIE
Copyright (c) 2017, Yacine Khamis - Université de Lorraine
Copyright (c) 2017, Jérôme De Almeida - Vesperia Group
Copyright (c) 2018, Romain Desjardins - Université de Lorraine
Licensed under Affero GNU GPL v3 - see license.txt for more information