Since this is a low level development component, see NEMEA System repository for more general and user documentation.
From time to time, we generate
doxygen documentation. Having
can be generated by
make doc. (If you installed
doxygen, you need to
The result can be found in doc, it contains two versions/levels of documentation. One is public doxygen doc - API for developers of NEMEA modules. The second is in devel doc - internal API for developers of libtrap.
The result of libtrap compilation is a shared object (.so). To set version, we use
libtool, that has its own versioning.
How to increment version number of shared libraries. From libtool documentation amended with guidance from N. Boullis:
- It is probably not a good idea to update the version information several times between public releases, but rather once per public release. (This seems to be more an aesthetic consideration than a hard technical one.)
- If the library source code has changed at all since the last update, then increment REVISION (C:R:A' becomes C:R+1:A').
- If any interfaces have been added, removed, or changed since the last update, increment CURRENT, and set REVISION to 0.
- If any interfaces have been added since the last public release, then increment AGE.
- If any interfaces have been removed or changed since the last public release, then set AGE to 0. A changed interface means an incompatibility with previous version.