Course website for CIS 565 at the University of Pennsylvania
||PMPP Chapters 3|
|09/08 (Tuesday, 6-9pm, Towne 309)||Parallel algorithms
||Parallel Prefix Sum (Scan) with CUDA
|09/14||CUDA: Part 2
||PMPP Chapters 4 and 5
||PMPP Chapter 6|
|09/30 (Wednesday, Moore 212)||Graphics Pipeline: 1 of 2
||RTR Chapters 1 and 2|
|10/05||Graphics Pipeline: 2 of 2
||OpenGL Insights Chapter 23|
||Numerical Methods for Ray Tracing Implicitly Defined Surfaces|
|10/26||WebGL Profiling Lab||-|
|11/02||Tangram Insights. Patricio Gonzalez Vivo, Mapzen
|11/10 (Tuesday, SIG lab)||Final Project Pitches||-|
|11/16 (5pm, SIG lab conference room)||WebGL in Production: Content, Rendering and Integration in the BioDigital Human. Tarek Sherif, BioDigital||-|
|11/23||Dave Kotfis, Lockheed Martin||-|
|11/30||Accelerating Watson Workloads - Enhancing, scaling, and accelerating human expertise. Tim Kaldewey, IBM Research||-|
|12/07 (Last day of class)||Graphics API Wrangling with ANGLE. Shannon Woods, Google||-|
|12/11 (Friday, 5pm, Moore 212)||-||-|
- P0 - CUDA getting started, due Wednesday, September 2.
- P1 - N-body simulation, due Monday, September 7.
- P2 - Stream compaction, due Sunday, September 13.
- P3 - GPU path tracer, due Tuesday, September 29.
- P4 - GPU rasterizer, due Sunday, October 11.
- P5 - WebGL ray marcher, due Monday, October 19.
- P6 - WebGL deferred shader, due Tuesday, October 27
- P7 - OpenGL compute shader
Material from previous semesters that we did not cover:
- CUDA Profiling and Debugging by Zakiuddin Shehzan Ayub Mohammed, ArrayFire
- CUDA Odds and Ends
- Shadows by Sean Lilley
- Z-Buffer Optimizations
- OpenGL Buffer Transfers
- glTF and Rest3D (also see here)
- Modern GPU Architectures (modern in 2012) by Varun Sampath
- Perspectives on Mobile Graphics, OpenGL, and the Future of Graphics Programming by Dave Shreiner