- Overview of Pinspiration
- Website Preview
- Setup Instructions
- Deployment Instructions
- How to Run the Test Suite
- Team Members
A Pinterest clone in two weeks!
The following screen shots provide a brief visual of the appearance and functionality of the application. The full website is deployed on Heroku and accessible via this link: https://pinspirations.herokuapp.com/
User Authorizations Summary
- Admin authorizations apply to all users’ content, including boards tagged as private.
- Admins are not able to delete users, but they are able to take them offline under necessary circumstances, rendering their user profile inactive and preventing anyone from accessing content created by the innactive user.
- Registered user authorizations apply only to content that is self-created or shared by other users. Registered users are able to read all public boards, pins, and comments, and they are also able to read private boards, pins, and comments that are shared with them by the owner.
- User account information is only available to the owner and admins. Passwords are encrypted and never viewed by admins.
What to Expect When Consuming the API
- All endpoints will return JSON data
- All endpoints are exposed under an api and version (v1) namespace (e.g. /api/v1/pins/pin_id/comments.json)
Run these commands in this order:
git clone https://github.com/CPowell23/pinspiration.git cd pinspiration bundle rails db:create rails db:migrate rails db:seed rails db:test:prepare
To launch the project on local host, start up the rails server and...
- get /api/v1/pins/:id/comments?api_key=YOUR_API_KEY - returns a collection of comments associated with that pin
- get /api/v1/pins/:id/:comment_id?api_key=YOUR_API_KEY - returns one comment with that :comment_id
- post /api/v1/pins/:id/comments?api_key=YOUR_API_KEY - returns a collection of invoices associated with that merchant from their known
- put /api/v1/pins/:id/:comment_id'?api_key=YOUR_API_KEY - edits a comment associated with that :comment id, send the comment.content through the params[:body]
- delete /api/v1/pins/:id/:comment_id?api_key=YOUR_API_KEY - will delete a comment associated with that :comment_id
Run rspec from the command line:
- Amy 'The Tank' Kintner
- Caroline 'Wildcard' Powell
- The Infamous Molly Brown
- Annie 'Macaroni' Wolff
- Lucy 'Maverick' Conklin